NewGen Surgical, Inc. is a rapidly growing leader in developing and manufacturing sustainably designed single-use plant-based medical devices and surgical products. The company’s mission is to replace plastic medical and surgical healthcare products with plant-based, biodegradable and sustainable materials; reducing plastic production, waste, and associated Scope 3 GHGemissions in the environment.
Founded in 2012 in the San Francisco Bay Area, NewGen Surgical is a member of Practice Greenhealth’s Greening the OR® Initiative, the American Sustainable Business Council, a signatory of the We’re Still In Campaign and part of the Think Beyond Plastic Accelerator. The company was also commended in the 2015 Circular Economy Awards of the Young Global Leaders at the World Economic Forum, a featured Game Changer and recipient of the California Product Stewardship Council’s Golden Arrow Award in 2018 for Product Stewardship and Circular Economy Innovation.
We’re building a team of extraordinary people committed to making a difference in the world.
Come make a global difference with us.
As part of our expansion, we are hiring for a detail-oriented Logistics/Supply Chain Coordinator to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of our company. You will coordinate processes, data, and resources to achieve the effective distribution of goods across continents and within our network of suppliers, manufacturers, warehouses, and customers. This role may be ideal for a recent college grad who is seeking a great career opportunity associated with supply chain management.
- Gain strong understanding of our supply chain network design, footprint, and constituents.
- Gain visibility into network cost structure and capacity utilization for effective reporting.
- Collaborate with supply chain operations partners, business leaders, and external stakeholders to ensure the shipment lifecycle is executed successfully.
- Proactively identify, propose, coordinate logistical processes.
- Review, interpret and implement supply forecasts from internal or external sources, documents and tools.
- Assist the coordination of cost effective inventory, production vs. customers demand.
- Serve as a liaison between our Product/Engineering team and our manufacturing / distribution functions.
- Communicate with vendors, partners, suppliers etc. to ensure smooth operational work flow.
- Prepare and maintain accurate reports & timely updates for management.
- Proactively identify potential supply chain issues, provide analysis and recommend solutions.
- Generate domestic and international shipping documents.
- Ensure all product specified documents necessary for shipment are accurate and accompany shipments in transit.
- Ensure all applicable shipping compliance regulations are upheld.
- Organize international shipping of products to the USA and/or other regions.
- Verify supplier quality supplier documentation prior to acceptance of shipments.
- Verify received parts.
- Keep track of open blanket POs vs parts received and payments.
- Verify every customer’s PO against inventory, T&C, price etc.
- Communicate with the customer regarding status of the PO.
- Work closely with the fulfillment center to organize shipments as required by the customer.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Well-versed in supply management principles and practices.
- Understanding of inventory control principals and reporting.
- Fundamentals of Lean Manufacturing.
- Strong record-keeping abilities.
- Customer-oriented approach.
- Works well in a small team environment.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced business environment.
- Basic project management acumen.
- Problem-solving skills and process-improvement skills.
- Tech savvy.
Nice to Have:
- An appreciation for ESG, sustainability, global carbon reduction, and environmental best practices.
NewGen Surgical is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at NewGen Surgical are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. NewGen Surgical will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
If you’ve read up to this point and this sounds like the environment and mission you’d like to be part of, please send us your resume and a cover letter which tells us why this opportunity sounds right for you. Thank you! email@example.com
We apologize in advance if we’re not able to personally respond to every application or inquiry.