NewGen Surgical, Inc. is a rapidly growing leader in developing and manufacturing sustainably designed single-use plant-based medical devices and surgical products. The company’s mission is to replace plastic medical and surgical healthcare products with plant-based, biodegradable and sustainable materials; reducing plastic production, waste, and associated Scope 3 GHGemissions in the environment.
Founded in 2012 in the San Francisco Bay Area, NewGen Surgical is a member of Practice Greenhealth’s Greening the OR® Initiative, the American Sustainable Business Council, a signatory of the We’re Still In Campaign and part of the Think Beyond Plastic Accelerator. The company was also commended in the 2015 Circular Economy Awards of the Young Global Leaders at the World Economic Forum, a featured Game Changer and recipient of the California Product Stewardship Council’s Golden Arrow Award in 2018 for Product Stewardship and Circular Economy Innovation.
We’re building a team of extraordinary people committed to making a difference in the world.
Come make a global difference with us.
- Assume ownership and management of a range of operational tasks related to office admin, documentation management, basic monthly accounting, and electronic filing.
- Optimize process and automation across key business platforms and applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders across the company to make a meaningful contribution to operational productivity and efficiency
Operations Support and Process Improvement:
- Help drive operational improvements in a variety of inter-departmental functions.
- Organize, manage, and structure key data points with contracts, trademarks, patents, certifications, and related documents.
- Manage association memberships, and identify other associations to join.
- Manage basic office admin functions such as office services, materials, and supplies.
- Identify areas for operational improvement and strategize solutions, including systems, processes, and policies.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to analyze, develop, plan, and implement solutions for operational initiatives.
- Manage fulfillment of sales and sample orders.
- Support trade show preparation and/or other customer events.
Bookkeeping and Accounting:
- Manage the monthly accounting function, ie A/R, A/P, bank reconciliations, new product and pricing entries, etc
- Use and maintain the QuickBooks application with accuracy and appropriate reporting.
- Create and deliver basic financial reports, using Quickbooks, Excel, Tableau or Salesforce
Reporting And Analytics:
- Support internal teams with information and data needed to support their operational objectives.
- Help management to develop and implement KPIs, dashboards, scorecards, and other reports.
- Assist with data management and cleanup.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Broad knowledge of commercial and operations fundamentals.
- Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking skills.
- Analytical skills including ability to develop insights and draw conclusions beyond what is eadily apparent.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills to translate business needs and requirements in clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Ability to effectively interact with business partners at varying levels of organization and across cultures.
- Strong interest in leveraging technology, tools, and process improvements to develop innovative solutions and drive continuous improvement.
- Well organized with superb project management and time management skills.
- Ability to bring order to ambiguous situations.
- 5+ years in business operations, sales operations, project management, and/or management consulting.
- Proven problem-solving skills and process-improvement skills.
- Advanced proficiency with Salesforce, QuickBooks, SmartSheets, Outlook, Box, etc.
- Experience with creating reports in these applications.
Nice to Have:
- An appreciation for ESG, sustainability, global carbon reduction, and environmental best practices.
NewGen Surgical is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at NewGen Surgical are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. NewGen Surgical will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
If you’ve read up to this point and this sounds like the environment and mission you’d like to be part of, please send us your resume and a cover letter which tells us why this opportunity sounds right for you. Thank you! email@example.com
We apologize in advance if we’re not able to personally respond to every application or inquiry.