NewGen Surgical, Inc. is a rapidly growing leader in developing and manufacturing sustainably designed single-use plant-based medical devices and surgical products. The company’s mission is to replace plastic medical and surgical healthcare products with plant-based, biodegradable and sustainable materials; reducing plastic production, waste, and associated Scope 3 GHGemissions in the environment.
Founded in 2012 in the San Francisco Bay Area, NewGen Surgical is a member of Practice Greenhealth’s Greening the OR® Initiative, the American Sustainable Business Council, a signatory of the We’re Still In Campaign and part of the Think Beyond Plastic Accelerator. The company was also commended in the 2015 Circular Economy Awards of the Young Global Leaders at the World Economic Forum, a featured Game Changer and recipient of the California Product Stewardship Council’s Golden Arrow Award in 2018 for Product Stewardship and Circular Economy Innovation.
We’re building a team of extraordinary people committed to making a difference in the world.
Come make a global difference with us.
- Assume ownership and management of user / customer relationships within the Company’s hospital customer base.
- Drive usage and adoption of the Company’s products, which will drive sales.
- This is NOT a traditional product sales or quota driven role.
- This IS a customer relationship, advocacy, and influencing role – intended to drive increased sales.
- The ideal candidate will have an OR nursing background and / or OR surgical tech experience – AND will have had (or wants) marketing and business development experience in the field.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders across the company to make a meaningful contribution to revenue.
- Be the primary evangelist for NewGen Surgical’s innovative, plant-based products within our primary user base: hospital OR nurses, surgeons and other key stakeholders.
- Serve as the customer’s primary contact point and ‘chief advocate’ for NewGen Surgical.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key influencers and users in hospital accounts.
- Drive product conversions and usage, through your product and market knowledge.
- Be responsible for becoming the resident Company expert while working with a sophisticated audience of OR nurses, clinical specialists, and related stakeholders in a hospital environment. Your knowledge of the Company’s products, and of competitive offerings, will only help build your credibility with our customer base.
- Actively identify new business and product opportunities, proactively working with the Company’s marketing and engineering teams.
- Provide consultative product support to users/customers.
- Focus on customer satisfaction by solving problems, operating with honesty and integrity and providing a highly responsive level of customer service.
- Deliver presentations as and when necessary, in person (when safe to do so), or through video calls.
- Establish yourself as a consultant to our customers by bringing a high level of clinical knowledge and overall healthcare insights.
- Spend time in surgery where products are being used (when safe to do so).
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Experience in and around the operating room, with medical devices and related products.
- Familiarity with, and working knowledge of medical terminology and surgical procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and innate business acumen.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation, and communications skills to translate business needs and requirements in clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Ability to effectively interact with business partners at varying levels of organization and across cultures.
- Well organized.
- Comfort in a start-up, fast growth environment.
- Ability to travel domestically, and possibly internationally, when safe to do so.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, or similar CRMs.
Nice to Have:
- An OR nursing background and / or surgical tech experience – AND with experience in marketing and business development.
- An appreciation for ESG, sustainability, global carbon reduction, and environmental best practices.
NewGen Surgical is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at NewGen Surgical are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. NewGen Surgical will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
If you’ve read up to this point and this sounds like the environment and mission you’d like to be part of, please send us your resume and a cover letter which tells us why this opportunity sounds right for you. Thank you! email@example.com
We apologize in advance if we’re not able to personally respond to every application or inquiry.