NewGen Surgical, Inc. is a rapidly growing leader in developing and manufacturing sustainably designed single-use plant-based medical devices and surgical products. The company’s mission is to replace plastic medical and surgical healthcare products with plant-based, biodegradable and sustainable materials; reducing plastic production, waste, and associated Scope 3 GHGemissions in the environment.
Founded in 2012 in the San Francisco Bay Area, NewGen Surgical is a member of Practice Greenhealth’s Greening the OR® Initiative, the American Sustainable Business Council, a signatory of the We’re Still In Campaign and part of the Think Beyond Plastic Accelerator. The company was also commended in the 2015 Circular Economy Awards of the Young Global Leaders at the World Economic Forum, a featured Game Changer and recipient of the California Product Stewardship Council’s Golden Arrow Award in 2018 for Product Stewardship and Circular Economy Innovation.
We’re building a team of extraordinary people committed to making a difference in the world.
Come make a global difference with us.
- Provide day-to-day execution support to the Head of Marketing and Business Development for the first 3-6 months, including but not limited to: research, social media, data management, web site management, collateral, public relations, presentations, events, media relations, campaign management, and corporate communications.
- Longer term, manage multiple projects and marketing resources to effectively implement a broad range of programs.
This is an awesome role for a person who thrives on multiple marketing projects running concurrently. You will manage marketing initiatives on your own and with a team of creative professionals, internally and externally.
Your primary responsibility in “Phase One” is to provide day to day support to the Head of Marketing. These responsibilities include:
- Market research, with a focus on data, product positioning and supporting new product investment decisions.
- Social media management and support, to ensure the appropriate channels are being leveraged properly, with the right content at the right time to appropriately influence the market.
- Project managing a range of simultaneous projects underway, including content creation, timeline deliverables, remote project teams, and deadlines.
- Web site content and management.
- Own the management and maintenance of the Company’s collateral, to ensure material is always up-to-date and easily accessible (physically and digitally).
- Manage the Company’s library of content, ie inventory control.
- Support the public relations function, writing first drafts of press releases.
- Manage a range of communications projects aimed at customers, media, and other stakeholders.
- Provide support for events and trade shows, ie research, scheduling, logistics, materials, etc.
- Manage email campaigns, with content, distribution, and communications at the top of the funnel. Analyze campaign data to determine campaign efficiency.
- Provide pre-meeting preparations with research and the writing of briefs.
- Manage the Company’s brand assets.
- Create reports for customers, levering data and statistics generated from user data.
- Ensure creative marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines.
As you gain traction and make an impact with these types of deliverables, the career opportunities for the successful candidate will open up toward broader marketing management.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in marketing support.
- Meticulous organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills and process-improvement skills.
- Proficiency with MailChimp, PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce, Outlook, and Box.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, while keeping cool under deadlines and delivery pressures.
- Taking initiative and being proactive.
- Strong research skills.
- Comfort with working effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Nice to Have:
- An appreciation for ESG, sustainability, global carbon reduction, and environmental best practices.|
- Strong working knowledge of the marketing tech stack.
NewGen Surgical is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at NewGen Surgical are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. NewGen Surgical will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
If you’ve read up to this point and this sounds like the environment and mission you’d like to be part of, please send us your resume and a cover letter which tells us why this opportunity sounds right for you. Thank you! email@example.com
We apologize in advance if we’re not able to personally respond to every application or inquiry.