As a sustainability professional you’re passionate about protecting the environment, raising awareness and driving meaningful change within your hospital.
We share your commitment for meaningful change. NewGen Surgical was founded because of our growing realization that as an industry we need to work together to provide sustainable product solutions. We use a cradle-to-cradle approach to rethink and redesign plastic single-use products that contribute to waste and pollution.
Smart Sustainable Design™
We look at the function of a medical device or product used every day in the O.R. and ask how we can reduce or eliminate the plastic in this product by replacing it with materials that are more sustainable.
Our first product, the NewGen Surgical NGS35W Skin Stapler, is a sustainably designed medical device that offers the clinical performance doctors and nurses expect. NewGen Surgical is just getting started and we ask you to join us on this journey of using sustainably designed products in the operating room.
A member of Practice Greenhealth’s Greening the OR® Initiative, NewGen Surgical brings more than 50 years of combined medical industry experience to its mission to replace single-use, disposable O.R. products with more sustainable solutions and still provide exceptional patient care.
- Audible and tactile feedback when firing cycle completes
- Alignment indicator designed for accurate staple placement
- Ergonomically designed for ease of use
- – Accommodates a variety of hand positions and sizes
- – Low force-to-fire
- Easy to see staple remaining indicator
- 35 surgical stainless steel staples
- Quality assurance – each device functionally tested
- Made with 69% plant-based material*
- 67% reduction in energy used for production*
- Less plastic produced and discarded*
- Lightweight design can reduce transportation and disposal cost*
*Based on comparison to like product made with plastic.
Contact us to assist you in achieving sustainability in your O.R.