As a nurse you see firsthand the plastic waste being generated in the Operating Room and other areas of the hospital. We share your concern about the pollution and environmental impact of plastic and are committed to rethinking and redesigning these products.
Using a cradle-to-cradle approach, we look at the function of a medical device or product used every day in the O.R. and ask how we can reduce or eliminate the plastic in this product by replacing it with materials that are more sustainable.
Knowing the NewGen Surgical NGS35W Skin Stapler is sustainably designed you’re doing your part to green the O.R. by reducing plastic pollution.
- Audible and tactile feedback when firing cycle completes
- Alignment indicator designed for accurate staple placement
- Ergonomically designed for ease of use
- – Accommodates a variety of hand positions and sizes
- – Low force-to-fire
- Easy to see staple remaining indicator
- 35 surgical stainless steel staples
- Quality assurance – each device
- Made with 69% plant-based material*
- 67% reduction in energy used for production*
- Less plastic produced and discarded*
- Lightweight design can reduce
transportation and disposal cost*
- Available in procedure packs, our plant-based tray removes even more plastic packaging from the waste stream†
- * Based on comparison to like product made with plastic.
- † Bulk, non-sterile available for procedure packs through authorized distributors.