As a nurse you see firsthand the plastic waste being generated in the Operating Room and other areas of the hospital. We share your concern about the pollution and environmental impact of plastic and are committed to rethinking and redesigning these products.
Using a cradle-to-cradle approach, we look at the function of a medical device or product used every day in the O.R. and ask how we can reduce or eliminate the plastic in this product by replacing it with materials that are more sustainable. Knowing the NewGen Surgical product line is sustainably designed, you’re doing your part to green the O.R. by reducing plastic pollution.
- Audible and tactile feedback when firing cycle completes
- Alignment indicator designed for accurate staple placement
- Ergonomically designed for ease of use
- - Accommodates a variety of hand positions and sizes
- - Low force-to-fire
- Easy to see staple remaining indicator
- 35 surgical stainless steel staples
- Quality assurance - each device
- Made with 69% plant-based material*
- 67% reduction in energy used for production*
- Less plastic produced and discarded*
- Lightweight design can reduce
transportation and disposal cost*
- Available in procedure packs, our plant-based tray removes even more plastic packaging from the waste stream†
- * Based on comparison to like product made with plastic.
- † Bulk, non-sterile available for procedure packs through authorized distributors.
Introducing the NewGen Surgical Needle Counters
With over 35 million skin staplers used every year, even one stapler can make a difference – tons of plastic waste burned or landfilled each and every year, over a lifetime of years. How many 35W skin staplers does your hospital use per year? The NGS35W will help with your Greening the O.R. initiatives and give you a plant-based option for your routine skin closure.
- Easy-to-read numbers for securing of needles
- Secure latch with audible closure feedback
- Compliance with OSHA requirements and ASTM F2132 for puncture resistance
- Latex free
- Red color signifies biohazard
- The needle counter box is sourced from plant-based material:
- 95% plastic reduction by weight
- Reduction in energy used for production
- Less plastic produced and discarded
- Able to decompose; rate dependent on disposal conditions
- Prop 65 compliant
- Free of intentionally added BPA or BPA derived plastics, mercury, phthalates, and PVC
- One ton of plastic waste can be avoided for every 25,000 needle counters; be part of our Small Change, Big Impact EPP program
- 100% of the packaging for the single sterile needle counters can be recycled if the hospital and their respective waste hauler providers support this service
Needle counter sustainability statements supported and/or validated by third party resources.